Re: [ga] [Admin from List Monitors] Eric Dierker's posting rights

Dear Secretariat and all assembly members,

DNSO Secretariat wrote:

> The list monitors have decided to suspend Eric Dierker's
> posting rights for four weeks, beginning today (Monday,
> 18 June) until Monday, 16 July.
>
> We have received several complaints about postings by
> Eric Dierker; our decision is based on the personal attacks
> and insults in
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02563.html and
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02077.html as well

  I read both of these rather closely.  I did not see anything in them
that could be considered "Abusive" in any way...

> as the breach of the posting limit on two successive days:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02551.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02552.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02556.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02563.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02571.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02574.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02577.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02580.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02588.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02589.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02604.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02605.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02622.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02623.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02625.html
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg02626.html
>
> The GA posting rules are laid down in
> http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html:
>
> - The messages must be relevant to the business of the GA
> - The messages must observe a minimum of decorum, including:
>   - Not indulging in personal attacks, insults or slander
>   - Not using offensive language
> - If the GA Chair or a list monitor asks for a limit to the number
>   of posts per person per day, this must be respected
> - The size of messages should be kept reasonable (there should be
>   a VERY good reason to send a message of more than 10 Kbytes).
>
> The time of the suspension has been doubled since Eric
> Dierker has already received a two week suspension in May.
> This decision may be appealed to the GA Chair.
>
> DNSO Secretariat
> (on behalf of the List Monitors)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827