Re: [ga] could the DNSO/GA be penetrated? proposition for a FireWall

I want a quick solution here but I cannot find one.  As Joanna recently pointed
out there are contributors and there are Contributors.  I am not generally I
fellow to keep my head down in the trenches, I would much rather have it shot off,
but we must establish some reasonble rules in order to forestall problems in the
future. Rules defining and confining our Chairs roll will help a great deal and
will I am sure help the Chair.  We cannot do this on a hope and a prayer and a
wing on the fly anymore we must establish proper procedures and rules.

In marketing when we send a salesperson out without a clear description of a
project we call him/her going out naked.  If they make a sale all they have done
is sell themselves, without clear definition of duties and responsibilities we are
doing the same to our Chair.

All of Jefsey's 1-7 below have good merit but we have no method or mechanism to
get them accomplished.

Danny's 1-6 and 1-8 have a reasonable assertion and need to be considered but we
lack a proper structure to have those inserted and dealt with in a cohesive manner
here in the GA.  We have to stop running this like a chat room and start running
it like a board room.

i.e. an outside but official position from any duly appointed member of ICANN and
any of it's working organs is recognized and rephrased and placed before the GA
for comment, if there is a proposal included therein it shall be the proponents
obligation to move it through the GA and develop the Idea into a reasonable
consensus.

We have to get organized or we will lose all of our credibility as a group, and we
are the dotcommoners last hope within ICANN.

Sincerely