Re: [ga] FYI: Council adopts Transfers and WHOIS

Marilyn and all Former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  This decision shows clearly the poor decision making abilities of
the NC given the predominant need for serious modifications
to the Whois privacy concerns posted to the comments requested
by the Whois Task force members.  It is clear that the Whois
Task Force and now the NC is more interested in their desire to
use personal and private registrant information for their own purposes
and thereby creating a definite and documented continuing
occurrences of placing those Registrants at high risk of personal
physical or undue financial harm.  A terrible Travesty indeed!

  It is clear to me, and to most of our members, the NCUC and
many others whom posted comments per request, as well as
viable and workable methods in contrast to the Whois Task
forces report, and now NC's adoption, that registrants personal
safety is far less important than the IPC's and BC's desire
using a registrants personal and private information for financial
gain...

Supporting documentation for my above comments/observations:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc12/msg00077.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00016.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00005.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00012.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00006.html
 http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01563.html
 http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01542.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00027.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00025.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00023.html
 http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01533.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00007.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00009.html
 http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01562.html
 http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00011.html

  Therefore it is our hope that the DOC/NTIA will take under advisement
that the obvious misjudgment of the NC in taking this particular decision
regarding the Whois Task Forces Report and recommendations was
far aside from the input to which they received, has been discussed
and debated, and as such, reverse this decision by the NC.  Further,
we hope that the ICANN BoD, will in addition find that such a
poor and largely unsupported decision by the NC regarding
Whois Task Forces Report and recommendations especially with
respect to privacy will not be acknowledged or accepted
by the ICANN BoD.

Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP wrote:

> One point of clarification is needed to the summary below. The WHOIS Task Force
> is preparing an issues report on privacy. The intent is to have a Council on
> privacy at Rio as part of the agenda. The Council will then determine how
> to create a policy development process. There was broad support by the TF
> members, and by the Council to addressing privacy.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801