Re: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

Dave and all former DNSO GA members,

DPF wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:25:48 -0500, "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA"
> <mcade@att.com> wrote:
>
> >David, you are a great resource to help us find out more about what ccTLDs do... in this area.
> >Do you know what Domainz does?
>
> Domainz are no longer the registry and now just a registrar.  Policies
> for .nz are (for those interested) at
> http://www.dnc.org.nz/story/30037-35-1.html
>
> The policies do place a requirement on registrants to have correct
> whois data with an ultimate sanction of cancellation.  Specific
> deadlines are not mandated but are at the discretion of the Domain
> Name Commissioner.  So if for example there is just a wrong phone
> number hasty action is unlikely to say the least but if someone has
> registered under the name of Mickey Mouse then things would move
> faster.
>
> The policy is due to be reviewed in the next year or so and
> consultation will occur with the internet community on this and other
> issues.
>
> >Is there a way to find out what some of the larger ccTLDs do? Such
> >as .de; .uk; .au; .fr; etc.?
>
> One of the unfortunate things about the prolonged stand off between
> ICANN and the ccTLDs is that most of the meetings has been focused on
> political negotiations etc and less time on sharing information on
> policies and practices.  Hopefully in the very near future this
> situation will be remedied and then ccTLD ICANN meetings will be a
> great forum for getting feedback on how for example large ccTLDs deal
> with fake whois data.

  Some of these issues have been discussed on the ccTLD constituency
ML some time ago...  However that list has been pretty quiet of late...

> In the interim the best way to find out would be to get someone with
> access to the ccTLD mailing list to ask the question and seek replies
> off list for collation.

  I have a version of carnivore that can pull this stuff upon demand.
Some of the individual ccTLD's ML's are also open to anyone to
subscribe to as well...  However a number of our members are subscribed
to most if not all of the existing ccTLD ML's, and frequently I am copied
or forwarded those posts.  But due to the nastiness of Thomas and
Alex's antics on the DNSO GA list I have refrained from forwarding
any of those posts here as that could be indiscriminately considered
either "Off Topic" or some other obtuse violation of this lists questionably
legitimate "Rules"...  But of course this is the kind of "Non-Communication"
that results dues to such silliness...

> DPF
>
> --
> E-mail: david@farrar.com
> ICQ:    29964527
> MSN:    dpf666@hotmail.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801