Re: [ga] WHOIS accuracy, and name deletions

Dora and all former DNSO GA members,

Dora Gerber wrote:

> Dear Marilyn and all,
>
> FYI - this is how the CH and LI people do it:
>
> http://www.switch.ch/id/terms/policy.html

  Thank you Dora for this interesting information.  I am sure that
Merilyn appriciated it also even though she may not admit it publicly.

  I found the following parts most interesting (Excerpts follow):

22.Warnings: CH/LI DOM-REG may issue warnings in case of
   obvious possible name      onflicts or when names are likely to
   conflict with another name, trade name, trade mark ™, service
   mark (SM) etc. CH/LI DOM-REG, however, has no obligation
  to issue such warnings. After a warning has been issued, the
  corresponding application for a second level domain name is
  interrupted until until confirmation by the registrant in the
  form of a new application is received. CH/LI DOM-REG may,
  however, at its own discretion interrupt the registration until
 the entity seeking for registration submits within reasonable
time to CH/LI DOM-REG a written confirmation of the holder
of the conflicting name, trade name, trade mark ™, service
mark (SM) etc. that the application is valid and that holder
agrees with the application. In such a case, a new application
form needs to be submitted to the registry when the case is
resolved for both parties.

23.Suspension of registration: when an entity submits grossly
    erroneous and/or misleading application forms repeatedly
    and/or in large quantities, the registry may suspend the
    registration process for such an entity until, in estimation
    of CH/LI DOM-REG, the registration process can be
    restored in an orderly manner.

 24.WHOIS entry: CH/LI DOM-REG registers domain
     names in an own repository which answers authoritatively
    for second level domain names in CH and LI. This information
    may also be retrieved from a search engine run by SWITCH.
   European domain names are contained in a distributed database
   maintained by RIPE NCC which can be queried by means of
   command 'whois -h whois.ripe.net <domain name>'. This query
   supplies the name of the domain, its administrative and technical
   contacts and pointers to hosts providing name service for the
   domain. To use WHOIS with a local whois client type
   'whois -h whois.nic.ch domainname.ch/li' for on-line queries
   of second level domain name information in CH and LI.

 25.Privacy: CH/LI DOM-REG reserves the right to make
     entries in the WHOIS data bases publicly available in
     any electronic and written form.

 26.Applicable law, jurisdiction: this domain name policy shall
      be governed by and construed according to Swiss law.
      The courts of Zürich shall have exclusive jurisdiction to
      settle any disputes that may arise out of or in connection
      with this domain name policy.

> Regards, Dora Gerber

Jeffrey A. Williams