Re: [ga] Re: Privacy Working Group

Vint and all former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  That's lovely that you are so open, Vint.  However more substantive
action is what in needed from you.  As a self proclaimed and styled
"Internet Leader" a la "Father of the Internet" <chuckel>, perhaps
even a slight bit of processional responsibility in displaying that
much vaunted leadership would be in order?

  Anyone can go around making speeches, and proclamations. It takes
real leadership to carry them out in the best and well known interests
of the stakehoolders...  I am sure many of us await with baited breath
to see you demonstrate such...  Here is yet another opportunity for
you to do so, alone with correcting the poor decision of the NC
regarding the Whois Task forces report and recommendations.

  So I wonder personally along with many of our members if
and how well you will grasp this opportunity and actually
demonstrate real leadership....  The chair has been yet
again pulled out for you...

vinton g. cerf wrote:

> I am always open to constructive dialog :-)

> At 12:32 PM 2/21/2003 +1300, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> >At 06:35 a.m. 21/02/2003, vinton g. cerf wrote:
> >>Hi Danny,
> >>
> >>to be honest I haven't made a lot of progress (mostly just a consequence of
> >>being overloaded and traveling 80% of my time),
> >

> >Vint is currently here in Auckland, speaking at the Knowledge Wave Conference and simultaneously watching NZ being humiliated by .. New Zealanders in the Americas' Cup races.
> >
> >I just come away from a breakfast with him, where we had the beginning of a dialog of sorts about the At Large.
> >Is this ICANN lowering its draw-bridges?
> >
> >Will issues like  WHOIS privacy one day really get "voted on" by the whole interested community?
> >
> >What is important for me is what structural and procedural solidity is needed to make such a vote the final word.
> >

> >-joop-
> >

> Vint Cerf
> SVP Architecture & Technology
> WorldCom
> 22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115
> Ashburn, VA 20147
> 703 886 1690 (v806 1690)
> 703 886 0047 fax

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801