Re: [ga] DROA sending out "renewal" letters / WHOIS

Thomas and all former DNSO GA members,

  Well looks or sounds here like you are amongst the minions
that have been abused by continuing bad business practice
from WHois data misuse.  Such widely reported, documented,
and ongoing instances, ever increasing, only makes the case
that the Whois Task Force, and not the NC's decisions more
stupefying and continuing to add to further destabilizing of
the internet for stakeholders/Registrants/users by the very
ignorance and arrogance of such entrenched IPC/BC desires.

  Over 35 of our members have received similar such
"Notification" that are .INFO and .BIZ registrants.  When
reported independently, the Registries in question, simply
ignored such reports or suggested that they contact the
Registrars to which those Registrants had registered their
Domain Names with.  Those same registrars in turn,
suggested that they were not the proper entities by which
such reports should or could be addressed by, and thereby
refused to address these problem reports.  Catch-22 for
the registrant, and potential damage may ensue for some of them.
Hence as I replied to Mr. Neuman a couple of days ago,
that legal remedies are now being discussed and seriously
considered to address these abuses by the Registries regarding
their Privacy being violated, abusive and questionable solicitations
as you experienced here Thomas...  So I suppose it will perhaps
become necessary to sue these registries and Registrars that
practice this nonsense, amongst other abuses of registrants
and relieve some of their corporate officers of some of their
financial burden...

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> I just found first-hand evidence for what looks like WHOIS abuse in
> my physical mailbox: Domain Registry of America apparently turns
> reseller and/or registrar and solicits me to renew my domain name
> does-not-exist.org (and transfer it to them).  They also offer
> does-not-exist.net, does-not-exist.biz, and does-not-exist.info to
> me.  Bad enough, I'm not a business, and I'm already holding the
> other two.
>
> --
> Thomas Roessler                        <roessler@does-not-exist.org>

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801