[comments-whois]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index

[comments-whois] INEGroup's position on WHOIS Task Force Final Report

To all Whois Task force members and/or other interested parties,

  The following is the stated and considered opinion of the majority of
INEGroup members world wide.

  It is a in our members majority ( 82% ) that the current and most
recent Whois task force reports were significantly lacking proper
and adequate as well as inaccurate conclusions and recommendations
in the entirety or the Reports to which the Whois Task force determined.

The areas of particular concern and dissention were broad and viewed
as particularly concerning to our members, as well as opinions of
other interested parties particularly interested in the Whois Task
forces work.  They are briefly as follows:

1.) We did not find from the beginning that the WHois task force when
     formed from the DNSO and now the unofficial GA ( General Assembly )

    was formulated in good faith and properly represented by parties
   that have now and have had from the formulation of ICANN and the
   now so called GNSO ( Once known as  the DNSO) could likely
   represent the parties impacted or effected by such a Task force
   as the Whois Task force.  Hence it is in our opinion that the
   conclusions or recommendations such a body may determine would
   have a good chance of being less than reasonable or even
   sufficiently representative.

2.) Privacy and security concerns are primary to our members all of
     whom are Domain Name registrants/holders, and many of which are
     independent business people or entities.  We believe that the WHois

    Task force's positions and recommendations are both inadequate and
    are specific to violation of US and many other countries laws
    governing     individual privacy, thereby threatening those
    registrants security and personal safety.

Some examples of DNSO GA members comments in this regard:

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00005.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00012.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00006.html

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01563.html

 http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01542.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00027.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00025.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc02/msg00023.html

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01533.html

3.) We had suggested during the Whois Task forces work comments and
      suggestions, which went largely or entirely ignored, and in some
      instances were even met with rude and malicious responses via
      E-Mail from noted members of the Whois Task Force, despite
      our desire for reasonable access and consideration.

Comments from other stakeholders in reference to the above:

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00005.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00007.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-whois/Arc03/msg00009.html

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc11/msg01562.html

CONCLUSION.

  In our members majority position, our conclusion is that the Whois
Task force did little more than further the distrust of ICANN, it's
processes, and did not adequately address, allow input to, nor
determine in it's Final Report, any adequate conclusions that
reflect other than a tiny minority of Special Interest Groups
desires or wishes that are not even within those SIG's a majority
positions in our opinion and based on members review that are
also parts or representatives of those SIG's to which the Whois
Task force was predominantly made up of.

Kindest and respectful regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index