Re: [ga] Consumer/Registrant Protection Consitituency

At 20:43 1/08/2001 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
>Which puts you in the position of ratifying ICANN's claim to be
>a policy making rather than a technical coordinating body, does
>it not?

I have always maintained that de facto it was a policy making body, even
when Esther Dyson, the Staff, Mike Roberts, and of course our dear Kent did
their best to deny it.
Of course ICANN makes Domain Policy.
And the DNSO is supposed to give it policy-advice.

If it wasn't , many of us would not belong in this DNSO Assembly.

If ICANN now *claims* it, that is quite helpful.
Let us all help it to become globally representative, democratic and
legitimate.
I don't see any other game in town.

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.