Re: [ga] Consumer/Registrant Protection Consitituency

Dear Bill, Sotiris and Joop,
Sotiris' reasoning is to navigate according to visible stars (as a seaman,
I think the adjective important :-). OK lett see what it means.

The ALSC documents lead to understand that AmerICANN wants to deal with
Support Organizations with a contract including acknowledgment of ICP-3 (as
Roman Christians had to adore the Emperor first) and a contribution to
their charity, research and educational activities. The pay-vote system.

Let assume that ICP 3.17 becomes technically correct, IMHO it is reasonable
to target for a DNSO including four "constituencies":

- Registrars
- gTLD Registries
- ccTLD
- Registrants

The Registrants Constituency could pay their due through the large
participants granting the Individual Committee Members a free Membership
(like DNSO/BC ask for 1000 euro per Member with a discount to 100 euro for
SMEs).

Paying registrants could be ... our IP friends. Amusing but much more
sensible to work together rather than to oppose. This might help a common
understanding on an UDRP replacement. When you think of it we have many
things in common.
Jefsey