Re: [ga] Consumer/Registrant Protection Consitituency

I think you need to clarify by saying something like "ICANN internal
policy formulation bodies and functions."

Or "bodies and functions that formulate internal ICANN policies."

Although "IRC" also = "Internal Revenue Code," if the constituency
is to be limited to natural persons, I reluctantly conclude also that the
Individual Registrants Constituency is about the only way to go.

But we also have the IDNO going -- are there two of these going
now? Which one responds to the Board meeting concerning the
establishment of an Individuals Constituency? Are these two in
competition, are they the same thing, searching for a name? Are
both to co-exist?  The numerous posts on both subjects leave a
pretty hefty mishmash of confusion, methinks.

Bill Lovell

DPF wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:43:44 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos
<sotiris@hermesnetwork.com> wrote:

>erica wrote:
>
>> Can we move on to discuss the broad objectives of the proposed constituency
>> and funding issues?
>
>A rough blanket statement of the broad objectives of the Individual Registrants
>Constituency (IRC) might be as follows:
>
>"Mission:  To effect and ensure the recognition, representation, and input of
>Individual Registrants of Domain Names as bona fide stakeholders in the Domain
>Name System (DNS), through an established and direct voice in all ICANN policy
>formulation bodies and functions."

I know I shouldn't do too many "me too"posts but what Sotiris said
works for me.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527

Any terms above that are not familiar to the reader may
possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm
Archives of posted emails on various General Assembly