[ga-roots]

Re: Re[2]: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings)

Ken,

I'm puzzled. Aren't you are a big supporter of collision making? You
supported the gTLD-MOU/CORE .WEB collider in 1997, and now you support the
ICANN .BIZ collider. Don't you have a personal financial incentive to
create a .BIZ collider? So why wouldn't someone else follow your example
and create a real ccTLD or gTLD collider for their own financial gain?

For everyone else, the correct answers are:

1. No collisions are acceptable, ever. Period.
2. "Technological racism" at the root is completely unacceptable. Period.

Q. What do we have left?
A. A chance for the entire Internet community to finally work together to
create a non-colliding root zone.

The precedent set by ICANN in creating a collider will just provide the
example for other roots to do the same. The DNS snaps like a twig.

>taking your arguements at face....
>
>would you also feel that it wold also be accptable  in creating alternate
>roots to allow alternate ".uk", "fr", ".de" "us" and  "com" as well ?
>
>ken stubbs

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs

--