[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:50:29 -0500

That's the same argument that ICANN uses, John.  However, if any of
those dn holders puts up a website or creates an email address, it will
collide wth an existing website or email address somewhere in the
DNS.  You can't have your separate world and duplicate a TLD or
domain name from another world.  When that duplication is one in the
USG root, the problem is magnified by millions.  A duplicate .com
would be a disaster - just like the .BIZ dupe, but I'd be willing to bet it
will happen if ICANN does it.