[ga-roots]

RE: Re[2]: [ga-roots] Re: [icann-eu] Letter to Dr. Vint Cerf

|> Wednesday, May 09, 2001, 7:35:38 PM, Roeland Meyer wrote:
|>
|> > This is one of my problems with the NeuStar BIZ TLD, among  others, I
am now
|> > writing a Java application that  fetches the raw zone files and builds
|> > master root-zone from the atoms and stuffs it into my CVS repository.
Unless
|> > specifically requested by my clients, they will never see the NeuStar
BIZ
|> > TLD, as long as Leah stays in business.

This highlights one of the problems I have with the so called
"alternative"/"competitive" roots.  Here we clearly have individuals
dictating what users will be able to resolve.  Without any true community
input or participation.

I still consider calling them "private" roots is the most descriptive and
accurate term.  They are not true community mechanisms.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.