[ga-roots]

Re: Re[2]: [ga-roots] Re: [icann-eu] Letter to Dr. Vint Cerf

Chris McElroy aka NameCritic

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dassa" <dassa@dhs.org>
To: "[ga-roots]" <ga-roots@dnso.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 4:09 AM
Subject: RE: Re[2]: [ga-roots] Re: [icann-eu] Letter to Dr. Vint Cerf

> am now
> Unless
> BIZ
>
> This highlights one of the problems I have with the so called
> "alternative"/"competitive" roots.  Here we clearly have individuals
> dictating what users will be able to resolve.  Without any true community
> input or participation.
>
> I still consider calling them "private" roots is the most descriptive and
> accurate term.  They are not true community mechanisms.

HEY! That sounds just like ICANN. What makes you think ICANN is not doing
that very same thing by not including the "private, cooperative, altenate
roots"?

They are deciding what will resolve for people and they have no true bottom
up consensus on ANYTHING they do. That is exactly why we're here. You
pointed it out very well. Thanks.