[ga] [ADMIN] Two Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

Eric & All Assembly Members,

The List Monitor Committee has determined that Eric Dierker's posting
privileges will be suspended for two weeks beginning today Saturday May 5
until Saturday May 19, 2001.

I am hopeful we agree to the decision made concerning Eric's use of
language on the list April 19th and 20th (April 5th & 8th are being
overlooked since he was a candidate at that time and presumably
campaigning) as many complaints have been received against Eric's posts.

If you disagree, please review the rules you agreed to when you signed up
prior to beginning a discussion.
[http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html]

Complaints were received about:
Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01032.html
Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01039.html
Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01046.html
Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01050.html
Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01069.html

After reviewing the complaints and many messages, we discovered the
reoccurring theme mentioned in the various complaints, which is the
excessive use of abusive language not relevant to technical discussion.  In
addition there are many personal attacks, insinuations, and much of the
commentary lacks clarity and good intention.

I understand Eric has already received a warning for this behavior.  It is
the practiced policy for him to receive a two week suspension beginning
today, May 5, 2001.  I look forward to his participation in the group again
this May 19th, 2001.

Sincerely,

Kristy McKee