Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Two Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

Hello Kristy,

Saturday, May 05, 2001, 4:09:20 PM, Kristy McKee wrote:

> Eric & All Assembly Members,

> The List Monitor Committee has determined that Eric Dierker's posting
> privileges will be suspended for two weeks beginning today Saturday May 5
> until Saturday May 19, 2001.

> I am hopeful we agree to the decision made concerning Eric's use of
> language on the list April 19th and 20th (April 5th & 8th are being
> overlooked since he was a candidate at that time and presumably
> campaigning) as many complaints have been received against Eric's posts.

May the GA know the members of this "committee" who voted for this
decision in secret?  This way there is a full public accounting, and
trends can be recognized.

I'd also like to point out that the concept of this being a committee
action is not covered in the rules.

From the rules:
=====================
Certain persons appointed by the GA Chair (the list monitors) have the task
of monitoring the list for posts that violate these rules.
These are selected by the GA Chair for a given period of time, but may be
removed from the role by the GA Chair or at their own request at any time.
A list monitor may also be removed by a majority vote of the General Assembly.
Normally the appointment would be for 1 year.

A list monitor may impose 2 sanctions against offenders:

In every use of the phrases, the rules clearly indicate that list
monitor actions are individual, and not a committee action.   While
more than one can be appointed, there is nothing in here to support
them working by committee.

So since the actions are by the individual list monitors, which of
them are imposing these sanctions?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh