Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Two Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

Kristy and all assembly members,

  I think that the suspension of Erics posting  is one of a series of inane
and vile attempts to use illegitimate rules retroactively in order to carry out

a personal vendetta.  Disgusting!

Kristy McKee wrote:

> Eric & All Assembly Members,
>
> The List Monitor Committee has determined that Eric Dierker's posting
> privileges will be suspended for two weeks beginning today Saturday May 5
> until Saturday May 19, 2001.
>
> I am hopeful we agree to the decision made concerning Eric's use of
> language on the list April 19th and 20th (April 5th & 8th are being
> overlooked since he was a candidate at that time and presumably
> campaigning) as many complaints have been received against Eric's posts.
>
> If you disagree, please review the rules you agreed to when you signed up
> prior to beginning a discussion.
> [http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html]
>
> Complaints were received about:
> Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01032.html
> Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01039.html
> Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01046.html
> Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01050.html
> Message: http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01069.html
>
> After reviewing the complaints and many messages, we discovered the
> reoccurring theme mentioned in the various complaints, which is the
> excessive use of abusive language not relevant to technical discussion.  In
> addition there are many personal attacks, insinuations, and much of the
> commentary lacks clarity and good intention.
>
> I understand Eric has already received a warning for this behavior.  It is
> the practiced policy for him to receive a two week suspension beginning
> today, May 5, 2001.  I look forward to his participation in the group again
> this May 19th, 2001.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Kristy McKee

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827