[ga] NC Structure Task Force

Hi David

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:57:44 +1300, David Farrar wrote:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg02893.html

> GA members will be interested in the expanded terms of reference for
> the structure taskforce.

Thank you, David.  I believe you referenced what Philip Sheppard called
the "Extended Terms of Reference" at:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00012.html

Subsequently there were a few suggested changes leading Philip Sheppard
to propose a "Final Terms of Reference" at:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00031.html

However, it looks to me as if further comments by yourself, Raul Echeberria
and others, may have led to late changes to this "final" terms of reference.

Would it be possible for you to confirm whether this has resulted in a "Final,
Final" or not?  I'd also ask for any further input from the GA membership.

> The GA has already made a proposal for a bicameral DNSO which I will
> present at the appropriate time.  I'll keep people informed of other
> proposals as they come forward.

I believe you have now posted something to this effect at:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00044.html

> If any members here have proposals they wish to develop you can see
> the time-frame.   I am happy to assist in reviewing drafts etc.  I
> will also work with the new Chair (or Danny if he is still outgoing
> Chair) to identify how best to identify if we have consensus support
> for particular proposals.

It seems to me that some of the constituencies have provided input into this
process.  I wonder whether any of the GA members would like to comment on
these proposals.

IP & BC Positions    http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00032.html
gTLD Position    http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00038.html
ccTLD Position    http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00039.html

I also note your earlier comments, addressed to Joop, as follows:

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:06:31 +1300, David Farrar wrote:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg02194.html

> My position is that regardless of whether one is an elected or
> appointed rep, your duty is to promote the consensus position of those
> you represent rather than one's personal point of view.

Finally, given the number of different task forces, could I ask GA members
to use a relevant subject heading, such as the above, when posting to the
GA list on Task Force subjects.

Thank you for your efforts.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss