Re: [ga] Structure Taskforce

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:57:43 +1300, Joop Teernstra
<terastra@terabytz.co.nz> wrote:
>At 21:30 21/10/01 +1300, DPF wrote:

>The ICANN staff may be happy with the abolition of the DNSO just before it
>finally reforms itself  into a meaningful Support Organization that the
>Board will actually listen to, but for others it will reek of a
>just-in-time Bylaw rewriting to thwart stakeholder democracy once again.

It would be nice to think that the Board will start listening to the
DNSO one day.

>If I were you, as an appointee of the Chair and not an elected
>representative, I would go very slow on pushing any particular p.o.v.,
>except one of an emerging consensus.

My position is that regardless of whether one is an elected or
appointed rep, your duty is to promote the consensus position of those
you represent rather than one's personal point of view.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527