Re: [ga] Consumer/Registrant Protection Consitituency

Dear Joop,
I think you/we should give up all this.

The general "correct" thinking seems to be bound to consider Internet
participants as "consumers". A consumer means a product and obvsiously the
AmerICANN would be the producer and the regulator. A consumer means a
receiver and not a producer what every Internet partisicpant is first.

Such a scheme is so much foreign to the mission of the AmerICANN and to
nature and the use of the true Internet (I do not consider its e-legal
version by Louis Touton nor the niche it is for VeriSign) that I think we
should let it develop untill the whole operation collapses.

Any effort to support an AmerICANN which should probably be a compromise
between the three options proposed by the ALSC
http://www.atlargestudy.org/template.shtml will be a failure because it
will have no coherence with any identified purpose. It would only help
delaying a necessary refundation.

Jefsey