Re: [ga] Focus on DNS Policy Issues

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:10:54 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
>
> > A pretty good list of major policy issues that are presently being ignored
> was
> > posted some time in the last week or so, but I don't recall exactly when,
> or by
> > whom.
>
> As you were one of those who undertook to post on the [ga-rules] mailing
> list, could I ask you to voluntarily comply.

Patrick: If "major policy issues" is not pertinent to the GA list, and not to
the more
narrow and specific focus of ga-rules, I don't know what would be. Having been
long active in promoting use of ga-rules, and having actively used it myself, I
find
this post of yours to be both absurd and counterproductive to the goal that we
are
seeking to achieve here. "Lectures" like this I don't need, and I don't think
the
GA wants to see them.  Quoting from down below, while this post of yours I
would not call a "diversionary tactic," it is certainly a distraction that takes
away
from all of what we are trying to do. A list of outstanding policy issues on ga
would certainly be worth doing, as is the comparable topic list being generated
on ga-rules, but you dilute and discredit those reasonable efforts by pausing to

take a whack at me.  I think you need to keep the players straight here, since
it precisely "major policy issues" that was being addressed in my text that you
quoted above. You are shooting yourself in the foot.

Bill

> Please note that you have
> clearly demonstred why the motion needs to be put to a vote.
>
> Just about every post by the Chair has foccussed on DNS policy issues.
> Other members, such have raised issues also.  The more recent examples from
> the Chair are:
>
> [ga] Comments from Vint Cerf
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03608.html
>
> [ga] Comments from Karl Auerbach
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03609.html
>
> [ga] Comments from Louis Touton
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03610.html
>
> [ga] Comments from Milton Mueller
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03611.html
>
> [ga] Comments from Danny Younger
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03613.html
>
> [ga] Hearings in Washington
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03662.html
>
> [ga] UDRP -- View from The Register
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03664.html
>
> [ga] Time table for ICANN Board election this year -- (proposed)
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03669.html
>
> [ga] ALSC Discussion Paper #1
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03670.html
>
> [ga] Request to suspend the DOC's .us RFQ posted
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03702.html
>
> [ga] Losing the Right to Vote
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03704.html
>
> [ga] Motion Accepted
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03753.html
>
> [ga] Questions for the next ICANN Board Director
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03772.html
>
> [ga] Re: Observations from the Peanut Gallery
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03821.html
>
> It would be worthwhile if the Chair, and GA members generally, could assist
> me in producing a proper list of important policy issues that need to be
> debated.  Perhaps we can then move away from these diversionary tactics.
>
> Best regards
> Patrick Corliss

Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm