[ga] Focus on DNS Policy Issues

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:10:54 -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:

> A pretty good list of major policy issues that are presently being ignored
was
> posted some time in the last week or so, but I don't recall exactly when,
or by
> whom.

As you were one of those who undertook to post on the [ga-rules] mailing
list, could I ask you to voluntarily comply.  Please note that you have
clearly demonstred why the motion needs to be put to a vote.

Just about every post by the Chair has foccussed on DNS policy issues.
Other members, such have raised issues also.  The more recent examples from
the Chair are:

[ga] Comments from Vint Cerf
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03608.html

[ga] Comments from Karl Auerbach
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03609.html

[ga] Comments from Louis Touton
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03610.html

[ga] Comments from Milton Mueller
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03611.html

[ga] Comments from Danny Younger
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03613.html

[ga] Hearings in Washington
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03662.html

[ga] UDRP -- View from The Register
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03664.html

[ga] Time table for ICANN Board election this year -- (proposed)
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03669.html

[ga] ALSC Discussion Paper #1
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03670.html

[ga] Request to suspend the DOC's .us RFQ posted
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03702.html

[ga] Losing the Right to Vote
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03704.html

[ga] Motion Accepted
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03753.html

[ga] Questions for the next ICANN Board Director
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03772.html

[ga] Re: Observations from the Peanut Gallery
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03821.html

It would be worthwhile if the Chair, and GA members generally, could assist
me in producing a proper list of important policy issues that need to be
debated.  Perhaps we can then move away from these diversionary tactics.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss