Re[2]: [ga] Re: [PRIVATE] List Rules and Protocols

Hello Patrick,

The issue was not that you posted a private message publicly, but of
the CONTENT of that message that made it inappropriate.

The list monitor and previous chairs set a precedence that the poster
bears responsibility also for what he forwards to the list, and its
appropriateness or lack thereof.

My post of your mail here was appropriate, as it was to address an
inappropriate action of someone acting as GA Chair.

Your post of a strongly worded message, sent off list because of the
fact that it was heated and strongly worded, was posting of
inappropriate content.

Do you understand the distinction?

The reason you may be unable to perform your role is because I believe
you do not understand completely what that role is, and think it is
more than what it is.

You could learn a lot from Roberto, Patrick.

I'd go back and look at his posts over the last 17 months and see what
a good chair is like.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com