[ga-abuse]

[ga-abuse] Re: [Admin] Challenge of identity

Harald,

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> > One possible proof is notarized copies of civil identities, showing the
> > names of the participants; for expedience, advance copies of such ID may be
> > faxed to me to expedite proceedings, but final proof is the paper copies of
> > the notarized identities, and verification thereof.
>
>   We are under strict affidavits with each of our members that without
>specific written permission we, nor I am unable to provide this sort
>of information in the form's you indicate above under penalty of law.

Am I to understand that you have signed a contract with your members saying
that you are unable to identify yourself? That seems exceedingly strange.

  No is not what was said here at all.  What was said and was qualified
was "that without specific written permission we, nor I am unable to
provide this sort of information in the form's you indicate above under
penalty of law."  I highlighted for purposes of the emphasizing the
qualifiers (An attention to detail sort of thing) the qualifiers to what
you suggested as the means.

>I believe that Jeff Williams has already informed you of this.  I would also
>note that you yourself had refused to provide this information as well
>to Joe Baptista when requested.

I have not been asked, and have not refused.

  Yes Joe Baptista ask you clearly several times Harald.
see:http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg00948.html
and, http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg00996.html
and, http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg01005.html
and, http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg01064.html

>   As you may know, the information you are suggesting is not legally
>required in this sort of venue and the Privacy act also prevents
>from anyone being pressured, as you are here, from being excluded
>in any public activity, regardless of venue, to provide this level or
>in this method, the information you suggested In this format.

As you may know, this sort of information is commonly required for such
purposes as moving money around, travelling by airplane, or voting.

  I usually use my debit card or credit card for moving money or
wire transfer it if it is a large amount.  I only have provided this
level or information to a Physical person in the flesh once or
twice in order to do the transfer.  After the first time I handle
transfers of larg sums of money with a phone call.  For voting
in Texas anyway I only need to register once every 6 years
I believe.  I did that two years ago.  After than I can vote
via the Internet here in Texas for state and local elections
or go to a voting place and do so without showing any
ID of any kind, just sign the certification and match my
namd with the registration rolls.  But this situation is
NOT voting in a public government election, nor
am I, Bob or James buying anything or transferring
money.

>   This being I hope adequately articulated here, I can offer several
>other means of determining my identification.  I am attaching my
>updated PGP Keys.  They also can be found at the PGP certserver
>certserver.pgp.com.

Your public PGP key is also self-signed, thus proving that someone in
posession of Bob Davis' private key vouches for the identity of Bob Davis'
public key. Not terribly interesting.

  I don't find it particularly interesting either.  But that is not really relevant
is it?  They are valid keys and Bob is in possession of his and they are good
for commerce use.  I don't usually use PGP for that financial purposes, but
I have at times.  I know Bob has quite a few times.  Still valid as far as
the major financial institutions are concerned.  That should be more
than sufficient.  Besides you had ask for them once before, and even
chided me for being reluctant to provide them.  Now that Bob has
and James has his Cert, you are negating it.  This seems rather like
a catch 22 situation the further you extend this situation Harald.

>   In addition, you can also as James suggested, call our main Number
>at 972-447-189 and ask for Security or Personnel for INEGroup
>and than ask for whatever information on me by name.

As I told James, this number is listed by Jeff Williams as his personal number.

  No, it is not my personal number.  My personal number is not listed and
VERY private, or not for public consumption.  >;)  This is our official
business line with quite a few extensions.  James and Bob have special
ones.

>   I am quite
>sure they will be able to help you as well.  Any available information
>on me and James as well as some of the officers of INEGRoup
>are is in their capable hands.  They have been made aware that
>you may call and to be as forthcoming as is allowed and you request.
>
>   Also in addition, you can also find my POV on the Whowhere
>directory with some detail, though not allot.

Which Bob Davis are you claiming to be?
Alpine, CA, USA; Austin, Texas; Herts, England; Jacksonville, US, or one of
the others?
I'm afraid your specific email isn't listed, and your name is rather common...

 Well I know that Davis is a common Name.  But Bobs update as I indicated
earlier in a previous reply on this thread is not yet updated in the database,
pending verification of address I believe.  Same with James as well...
BTW did you check the listings at netzero.net for Bob or James?  I know
I didn't yet, but I will.  I believe you can write the Admin for info
at info@netzero.net and they should share this information with you.
I will have both Bob and James authorize you to recieve their listing
of their POV their as well.  But I don't believe you will need it
actually.  Netzero's privacy policy I just discovered is listed
here: http://www.netzero.net/join/privacy_policy.html.  It is
TurstE compliant.  Attached is our privacy requirnment/commitment.
It is legally strictly enforced upon our members including James,
Bob and most especially myself.

>   Now I hope that what I can provide is sufficient for you purposes.

Not so far, it isn't.

  Well you haven't called, you haven't shown that the information both
Bob and James have provided is not valid.  So why not?  However you
do still have the option of calling our security office at the business line
provided, and has been for quite some time.  Your option.  It is an independent
security organization that does these verifications for our members, INEG's
crop customers from time to time should they request it, and for government
agencies on a very rare occasion.  They find it very good and quite satisfactory.
DOJ and the FBI both use the same service for some offices I understand.

  You also have not filed the FOIA's yet have you?  That is yet another source
for independant verification.  And, you have not checked with the Texas
census commission either.  I know I checked and spoke with the auditor
their.  They log every inquiry of this type as required by Texas state
statute.  So you have plenty of "Independent" means available that are
at you disposal and free of manipulation possibilities.

  The other methods you suggest are illegal, and we do not have any
address or fax number by which to send them to, as such, impossible
to comply with completely.  I am beginning to see this as some sort of
harrasment towards James Touton and Bob Davis and it is compleatly
unjustified and unwarented.  You have mor than enough information to
satisfy your request at this time I believe.  If you believe otherwise, please
tell me why not in detail.

                     Harald T. Alvestrand

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1894

                  Inegroup Fair Information
                  Practice Principles (Privacy statement)

                  Purpose
                  The Software & Information Industry Association has
                  adopted the following principles to give guidance to its
                  member companies and the for the collection, use and
                  dissemination of individually identifiable information.

                  The principles are designed to apply to all organizations whether they obtain
                  individually identifiable information directly from customers/consumers or from
                  other sources. The principles are independent of any specific technology or
                  market configuration. Because of the vast diversity of companies within the
                  software and information industry, it is the responsibility of individual organizations
                  and market sectors -- within the parameters of these principles -- to develop
                  guidelines that are more precisely tailored to their businesses or industry sectors.

                  Software and information companies create numerous products and services
                  which either include individually identifiable information or are based on such
                  information. Benefits are delivered to society through those products and
                  services. In addition, these companies use individually identifiable information to
                  provide valuable tailored products and services. The principles, therefore, balance
                  consumer concerns regarding the collection, use and dissemination of information
                  about them with the multitude of societal and economic benefits inherent in the
                  free flow of such information.

                  For purposes of this document, individually identifiable information is defined as
                  any information which can be used to identify a specific individual in particular by
                  reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or
                  her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural status or social affiliations.
                  Aggregate information from which an individual cannot be readily identified is not
                  individually identifiable information.  We define these identifiers in terms of
                  uses of software technology if they are complient with TurstE(tm) or
                  EndTrust(tm).  Other forms or software technology for purposes or identification
                  such as PGP and S/Mime Certificates on a level one status are valid means
                  of adaquate identification for individuals E-Mail addresses and other forms of
                  electronic identifiers used in on the Internet.

                  Scope
                  The principles were designed to apply to individually identifiable information as
                  used in or with software and information products and services. The principles
                  apply to the collection, use and dissemination of individually identifiable
                  information that is not regulated by law; and they should provide additional
                  guidance for such activities that are regulated by law. The principles were not
                  designed to apply to information about an individual included in an internal
                  business record used in the normal course of business; linked to an individual
                  serving in a business capacity; or obtained through newsgathering.

                  INEGroup Principles

                  Value
                  It is information -- including individually identifiable information -- that makes our
                  securities, publishing, credit, risk management, real estate, entertainment, online,
                  electronic commerce and other markets so prosperous. The information industry,
                  in turn, creates products and services which provide a wealth of benefits to
                  individual and business customers such as customized products and services,
                  instant credit, accurate employment screening aids and tools for detecting fraud.
                  Software, online and electronic commerce companies use information to provide a
                  wealth of tailored products and services to consumers and business markets. It is
                  important to balance these beneficial uses with consumer concerns regarding the
                  collection and use of individually identifiable information. Therefore, organizations
                  in these markets shall collect and use individually identifiable information in a
                  manner that benefits individuals, commerce and the society.

                  The free flow of individually identifiable information is essential to democratic
                  societies and market-based economies and has been the engine for employment,
                  economic vitality and the high quality of life in the United States. Because of the
                  philosophy of open access, industry has developed products and services that
                  allow our service-based economy to work efficiently and effectively and
                  individuals to enjoy the attendant benefits.

                  INEGroup Policy Disclosure
                  Disclosing policies or explaining practices regarding the collection, use and
                  dissemination of individually identifiable information will lead to greater
                  understanding of the benefits associated with the responsible use of this
                  information. Organizations shall provide information about their uses of
                  individually identifiable information or their policies through whatever media are
                  appropriate.

                  Organization policies and information about the collection, use and dissemination
                  practices shall:

                       Be easy to understand.

                       Describe generally the sources, uses and types of individually identifiable
                       information being collected. Examples of sources might include collection
                       directly from individuals, from public records, or from affiliates or
                       unaffiliated third parties. Examples of uses may include completion of a
                       transaction, marketing, improvement of products and services, transfers to
                       third parties, employment screening, or law enforcement. Examples of the
                       types of individually identifiable information disseminated could range from
                       name and address, to property holdings, to financial information.

                       Describe whether individually identifiable information will be disseminated
                       to affiliates or unaffiliated third parties.  Specifically, unaffiliated
                       third parties or unknown or identified organizations, individuals or their
                       agents/representitives may should be able to easily as is possible obtain
                       independant and verifyed information based on the TrustE model (See above).
                       any and all information regarding INEGroup members, officers and affiliates
                       must be considered a viable and reasonable request.  These requests should
                       be accomidated withing these guidelines.  All such information cannot go
                       beyond these bounds unless or until the permission of the individual or
                       affiliate organizations expressed written and transmitted approval through
                       secure encrypted or "Digitally singed" means.  Should an unaffiliated
                       request information to be transmitted in an unsecure mannor or method said
                       said request is not likely to be in the best interest of the individual or
                       affiliated organization and should be delt with as an untrusted third party
                       and delt with in a legal manner, to be reported to the approporate legal
                       authority via the most expediant secure electronic means possible.

                       Address issues of choice; dissemination of individually identifiable
                       information; information quality; information security; and access and
                       correction procedures (as described in more detail below).

                       Describe generally an organization's system of accountability for fair
                       information practices.

                       Many companies currently have in place fair information practices which
                       safeguard individually identifiable information. This principle emphasizes
                       the need for companies not only to adopt fair information practices but also
                       to identify and disclose policies reflecting such practices or to explain those
                       practices.

                  Choice
                  Many organizations offer individuals choice with regard to the collection, use and
                  dissemination of individually identifiable information. Information companies
                  should, when appropriate, offer choices to individuals to limit uses of individually
                  identifiable information. If it is inappropriate to offer individuals the ability to limit
                  uses or collection, organizations should inform individuals in a timely manner that it is
                  inappropriate and explain why it is inappropriate.

                  For purposes of online activities, individuals must be given the opportunity to
                  exercise choice regarding how individually identifiable information collected from
                  them may be used when such use is unrelated to the purpose for which the
                  information was collected. At a minimum, individuals should be given the
                  opportunity to opt out of such use or collection. Additionally, in the vast majority of
                  circumstances where there is third party distribution of individually identifiable
                  information, collected online from the individual and unrelated to the purpose for
                  which it was collected, the individual should be given the opportunity to opt out
                  without fear or condition of impunity.

                  There is a long tradition of allowing consumers to limit the use of individually
                  identifiable information for marketing purposes. There may be other
                  circumstances where it is appropriate to allow individuals to limit the use and
                  dissemination of individually identifiable information including when the
                  information contains certain types of personal financial or medical history
                  information and most information about children. On the other hand, there may be
                  circumstances where it is inappropriate to allow individuals to limit the
                  dissemination and use of individually identifiable information such as when the
                  information was originally obtained from public records; the information is being
                  used for billing purposes; the information is being used in the investigation of a
                  crime, or the information's use is regulated by law.

                  Dissemination of Individually Identifiable Information
                  An organization's use and dissemination of individually identifiable information
                  shall be consistent with any known policy disclosures and choices regarding use
                  and dissemination. Therefore, organizations shall take reasonable steps to ensure
                  that:

                     1.Their own uses of individually identifiable information are not incompatible
                       with any known policy disclosures and choices regarding those uses.

                     2.Individually identifiable information is disseminated only to affiliates or to
                       unaffiliated third parties whose subsequent uses or collection of the information
                       are not incompatible with any known policy disclosures and choices and that have
                       fair information practices or policies in place.

                     3.To ensure that individually identifiable information is disseminated only in a
                       manner consistent with disclosures given to individuals, entities which are
                       supplying information and entities which are obtaining it should discuss
                       whether disclosures have been given or will be given. Supplying entities
                       should take reasonable measures to make known any disclosures, while entities
                       obtaining information should make reasonable inquiry as to whether
                       disclosures have been made.  These disclosures must meet a minimum standard
                       that TurstE requires and be TrustE certified.

                  Quality
                  Providing accurate and up-to-date individually identifiable information is one of the
                  factors which makes the information industry valuable to its customers and
                  society as a whole. Organizations shall, therefore, take reasonable steps to attain
                  a high level of information quality, consistent with industry practice and customer
                  need.

                  Information quality means that individually identifiable information should be
                  accurate, complete, and current. The required level of information quality depends
                  upon the purpose for which the information will be used. For example, the quality
                  of the information needed for a mailing list used strictly for marketing purposes
                  may be different than the quality of the information needed for a mailing list used
                  to deliver monthly bank statements or safety recall notices or a mailing list
                  used for voting, discussion and debate on topic related issues.

                  Security
                  Information security is a key feature of responsible collection, use and
                  dissemination of individually identifiable information. Organizations shall,
                  therefore, take reasonable and appropriate measures to secure information they
                  collect and use or collect (See TrustE). If the individually identifiable
                  information is disseminated, the disseminating organization should take
                  reasonable steps with respect to affiliates and individualsor the unaffiliated
                  third parties who are receiving the information to protect against security
                  risks.

                  Examples of security risks associated with individually identifiable information
                  include, but are not limited to: unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure,
                  destruction or loss. Steps to protect against security risks could include
                  contractual protections, technological protections, as well as education and
                  training of employees regarding access and dissemination limitations.

                  Access & Correction
                  Because of the vast diversity of organizations in the information industry, the
                  processes for accessing and correcting individually identifiable information will
                  differ from organization to organization. In particular, there may be differences in
                  the processes employed by organizations that collect information directly from
                  individuals and those that collect information from other sources.

                  A. Individually Identifiable Information Collected Directly from
                  Individuals:

                  Organizations shall respond to individuals' inquiries as to whether an organization
                  maintains individually identifiable information about them.

                  Organizations will develop reasonable procedures which allow individuals to
                  understand the nature and substance of individually identifiable information
                  maintained about them and, if appropriate, allow individuals to review such
                  information.

                  Organizations, if appropriate, will correct or delete individually identifiable
                  information claimed to be inaccurate if this can be legally shown by the
                  collecting organization, or incomplete.

                  Organizations will, in a timely manner, provide an explanation and describe why
                  they cannot either satisfy an inquiry or why they find it inappropriate to change or
                  delete individually identifiable information which individuals have claimed to be
                  inaccurate or incomplete.he organization. This organization must show clearly
                  legally, and without delay (10 days), that the said claim of inaccurate information
                  that the individual requested to be deleated be deleated within this time frame.

                  B. Individually Identifiable Information Collected from Sources Other
                  than Individuals:

                  Organizations shall respond to individuals' inquiries as to whether an organization
                  maintains individually identifiable information about them or provides access
                  through other means.

                  Organizations shall inform individuals, upon request, about the sources or types of
                  sources from which individually identifiable information is obtained.

                  Organizations must answer directly and without equivication, any and all queries
                  or questions to the individual regarding the information directly, providing any
                  specific documentation through secure electronic means the Individual requests
                  and/or requires.

                  Organizations shall explain access and correction policies when individuals have
                  made requests to access or correct individually identifiable information; or, if more
                  appropriate, organizations shall identify the source of the information so that
                  individuals can seek to have the inaccurate or incomplete information corrected or
                  deleted.  Such a deleation request must be met within the 10 days requirnment
                  irrespective of the time frame the individual requested.  Confermation must be
                  sent through electronic means if and when possible or requested by the individual.

                  Individuals desire the opportunity to know if information about them resides within
                  organizations' databases. If information about them is maintained, individuals
                  would often like the opportunity to view or to have access to such information.

                  The access and correction principle (encompassed in A&B above) Inegroup members
                  require requesting organizations to have appropriate policies to address inquiries
                  from individuals regarding individually identifiable information which they
                  maintain or provide access through other means.

                  Accountability.

                  Information companies must have implemented the principles articulated and should
                  establish a system of accountability for such implementation. Information
                  organizations that disseminate individually identifiable information to affiliates or
                  unaffiliated third parties must have implemented mechanisms to verify and remedy
                  abuses associated with the information they provide, including refusal to transfer
                  information to third parties when demonstrated abuses have been shown.