Re: [wg-d] GA Definition Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

At 12:02 PM 11/08/1999 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
>> Point understood - so let me put it to you - in your opinion, which
>> constituency would be the appropriate one for a prospective
>> registry?
>
>the prospectors' constituency.  :-)

I heard someone refer to it as the (polite translation) "get lost
constituency".

>whence comes the assumption that there should be a constituency for any
>class of entity?  should there be a unix admins' constituency?  a router
>geeks' constituency?  a cable dressers' constituence?

This assumption is based on the "self organizing" part in the ICANN bylaws.
At the moment it's only the IDNO that has successfully self-organized.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org