Re: [wg-d] GA Definition Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

On 11 August 1999, "Christopher Ambler" <cambler@iodesign.com> wrote:

>> the ga is not a constituency.  it is where the constituencies meet.
>
>Point understood - so let me put it to you - in your opinion, which
>constituency would be the appropriate one for a prospective
>registry?

He's wrong, Chris.  The GA is not where the constituencies meet.  The
GA is:

  [...] an open forum for participation in the work of the DNSO, and
  open to all who are willing to contribute effort to the work of the
  DNSO.  The participants in the GA should be individuals who have a
  knowledge of and an interest in issues pertaining to the areas for
  which the DNSO has primary responsibility, and who are willing to
  contribute time, effort and expertise to the work of the DNSO,
  including work item proposal and development, discussion of work
  items, draft document preparation, and participation in research and
  drafting committees and working groups.

As you can see, nowhere in here does it mention [C|c}onstituencies.
The GA is the catch-all for anyone who wishes to participate, regardless
of their membership in a constituency, or lack thereof.

--
Mark C. Langston	     			Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org				     http://www.idno.org