Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

Hi David,

        2. compared the Internet to a big Matzoh Ball

No....I compared the DNS COM zone to a big Matzoh Ball.  Fully
understanding that one requires some familiarity with Sienfeld
culture. :-)

        3. said that NSI's statement was a metaphor without explaining what
for.

It's a metaphor for ICANN potentially adversely affecting the utility
of the legacy root zone in reaching the "Matzoh Ball."  It's really
quite simple.

        Your opinion that things went quickly and successfully is not shared by
anyone that I know of,

I can't help who you know or don't know.  Of course, you could
do some elementary discovery yourself.  That it went successfully
is a matter of record.  Just go to the various registry sites and
use them.  "Quickly" is a subjective term.  It certainly went a lot
quicker than any of the other shared DNS TLD registry systems in the
world - which at this point are zero, although the Canadian system
has been in offing for the past ten months.  So perhaps we can agree
that it just wasn't quick enough for you and the people you know.

        Reasonable people can differ on a few aspects of ICANN's performance to
date, but I don't see any basis for your assault on the "Bad ICANN".

I'm afraid that that's just another of those Matzoh Balls hanging
out there.  You may find the attributes of the Bad ICANN attractive.
A lot of other people don't.  If the current Bad ICANN wants to
morph into a future Good ICANN, there will be many more supporters.

Hope this clarifies....

--tony