Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

At 07:36 PM 8/10/99 , dwmaher@ibm.net wrote:
Perhaps you can give us a fuller explanation of how NSI plans to "take our
customers " all 5.2 million of them " and go elsewhere."
If superroot (Ambler and Fenello) is the plan, then I'm really worried.

Hi David,

As Chris Ambler notes, you minimally need to go to
the citations and read the material.

The "go elsewhere" comment I expect was a metaphor.
There are now 57 registrars plus CORE's 61 more
feeding into the COM, ORG, and NET registry.
It's great to see NSI's plan for a competitive
registry-registrar arrangement so successful.

The DNS is a distributed database system, and the
COM, ORG, and NET zones are a big, stable, part
of the system.  Those zone files can stay exactly
where they are.  Anyone interested in reaching
them, will find a way to get there. ;-)

To use Sienfeldese, that's a big Matzoh Ball
hanging out there.  I don't think ICANN, DOC,
or anyone else will fracture it.

--tony