Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

The point is about scarce resources, not about companies that operate in an
unlimited market. You can compete as a portal or a bookstore in the
Internet. There might be as many of these as they wish to be, but only one
registry can be ".info". It is a natural monopoly, and it is not a good
idea to give it to somebody to explote it. One was given temporarily to
NSI, and look what happened... or data, handed to a US Government
contractor for handling the registry is considered by them now as their
private property, and they have discontinued data services, a a proper
whois...  Is that a free market?  If it was a bookstore, I would move to
another one, I cannot do that here.

Javier