RE: [wg-c] Eureka?

Javier,
The contract for directory services was handed to yet another
contractor, not NSI. Besides, what do you consider proper "whois"
services? The way RIPE runs whois, or the way NSI does? Note that the
formats ARE way different and current EU law makes RIPE curtail whois
data much more than NSI is presently doing. Note also that the
distributed "whois" project got into a snarl and disappeared (bickering
over a caching problem, I understand, please correct). Many of the
current changes to "whois" are driven by the SRS, some are driven by EU
privacy laws, and others by reaction to spammers and anti-spam pressure.
IOW, they are not without external cause.

However, this is off-topic.