Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

> Either it is the community who decides for the good of itself or, in your
> plan, an individual or organization for its own benefit...

Or, perhaps an individual or organization for the benefit of the community.

> What is is best for the Internet Community?  Having the power to decide or
> giving this power away to somebody else whose interests are different than
> those of the community itself (making money for himself)?.

You presume that there is no altruism left in commerce. This is not true.

> In no case the choice of gTLDs should command a specific registry to run
> it. The Internet should have the best gTLDs run by the best registry
> operators. Bundling them together probably means acquiring compromises
that
> are not in the best interest of the Internet.
>
> They must be kept separate.

They must not. They MAY, but they must not.

> We are not in an open market with illimited resources, to which open
market
> standards apply and that might develop itself through offer and demand. We
> are talking about managment of scarce resorces.

WRONG! There is no scarcity! The combination of letters and numbers that
make up domain names is functionally infinite. This is a premise that is
CREATED to bolster your argument. Nothing more.

Christopher