Re: [wg-c] Eureka?

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 10:59:14PM -0700, Christopher Ambler wrote:
> > Please remember
> > Amblers threats to sue his way into the root
>
> I have never threatened such a thing.

I don't have a lot of time to dig through archives, but here are
several quotes from you, on the domain-policy list:

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999:

  But it's quite a fact - if ICANN or NTIA or whomever starts adding
  TLDs, and Image Online Design's .web is not one of them, there will
  almost certainly be significant problems.

  The ball is in their court.  We wait.

In a later message that same day:

  At this point, if ICANN moves to add any new TLDs, and Image Online
  Design's .web is not one of them, I am quite certain that Image
  Online Design will be forced to take legal action.

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999:

  Image Online Design is prepared to operate .web under the exact
  same terms and conditions as NSI.  Now.  Immediately.  Anything
  less is simply restraint of trade.  As the days go on, the harm
  continues.

On Sat, 1 May 1999:

  All we wait for now is for someone to take the one necessary step
  that paints the proper target on their back.  I expect Esther or
  Mike will be taking that step any day now.

I don't want to debate what the word "threat" means, but these
statements from you meet my definition of the word...