Re: [wg-c] Election of co-chair

At 05:28 PM 24/07/1999 -0400, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>	I have one caveat to Javier's summary (and I think this may address some
>of Milton's concerns):   RFC 2418 states that the chair evaluates the level
>of consensus.  But the chair, in making that determination, should use "a
>show of hands, humming, or *any other means on which the WG agrees*."  That
>is, if the WG should decide that the Chair must determine consensus by
>looking to the results of a vote held on each issue, then that is the
>procedure the Chair must follow.  That's consistent with the principle that
>"working groups are autonomous and each determines most of the details of
>its own operation."  I agree with Milton that the WG needs to address how
>it will determine consensus.

Jon's caveat would go some way with my objections against partizan chairs.
We also need to make sure that the list management allows vote-posting by
all current list members. I am currently not seeing my postings to the list.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org