Re: [wg-c] Election of co-chair

	I have one caveat to Javier's summary (and I think this may address some
of Milton's concerns):   RFC 2418 states that the chair evaluates the level
of consensus.  But the chair, in making that determination, should use "a
show of hands, humming, or *any other means on which the WG agrees*."  That
is, if the WG should decide that the Chair must determine consensus by
looking to the results of a vote held on each issue, then that is the
procedure the Chair must follow.  That's consistent with the principle that
"working groups are autonomous and each determines most of the details of
its own operation."  I agree with Milton that the WG needs to address how
it will determine consensus.

Jon

At 10:22 AM 7/24/99 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>I do not agree entirely with the IETF guidelines for a chair.
>
>The IETF guidelines have many useful aspects that we can adopt but also are
>derived from an entirely different context, one of technical coordination.
They