Re[5]: [ga] Verisign: ".com/net not a necessity" replying to anti-trust concerns of WLS

Ross, I hear what you are saying, but I failed to deliver my point
(I'm only 52, I'll try harder and get better as I gain more mileage -
hopefully, anyway). It was not the substance, but only the concept
that I was speaking to. I think this forum is open to ANYONE,
including gays, perverts, catholics (I am one), protestants, jews and
anyone who wants to put forth their views and even those radicals
types -- whoever they may be.

My point was that we, as a community, are not obligated to the views
of others, but we do, however, have to respect their point of view.
That leads to new ideas, a different perspective and opportunities.

It doesn't matter if I, personally, view them as the "anti-Christ,"
they should, never the less -- and this is an open list as it espoused
to be, have an equal and unfettered opportunity to share their ideas.
Even though I may, personally, think the content s*cks or they are
cold, stone idiots, they should have, never-the-less, the same
opportunity to vent their view as anyone else.  If we stray from that
elementary principal then we share a censorship view.  However, I will
not be a participant in that mindset, and knowing who you are and where
you come form, you won't go there either.  I think we just had a
miscue on this one.

Thanks,

----