Re: Re[3]: [ga] Verisign: ".com/net not a necessity" replying to anti-trust concerns of WLS

I hear what you're saying Don, but I think I'm leaning more towards William
than you on this one.

I'm, quite frankly, tired of the rhetoric and tired of the interruptions.
The Anglican Church doesn't hold recruiting drives at the local Mosque
during worship. If the alt.root crowd wants to recruit followers, they can
do so in much more appropriate venues without jumping up every five minutes
and interrupting our "meeting".

"What's so important to the alternative root crowd that only ICANN's
failure, and the ruin of the opposition, would accomplish their goals? It
seems to this observer that the alternative root crowd has assumed the
righteousness of their position and failed to take the argument to the
people who could appreciate it most. No one has presented (at least to our
knowledge) a coherent well-argued case that the overthrow of the DNS will
lead us anywhere that sensible people would want to go at a price that we
would want to pay. ICANN at least proposes an answer, which is that a
process can be devised that more or less satisfies participants that no
rules will be made which absolutely violate their interests. There is no
final resolution of some of the issues inside the DNS, nor can there be."

A Case For Predictable Driving (and what this has to do with the Alternate
Roots).
http://www.byte.org/predictable-rules-denton-rader-171001.pdf

Thanks,

-rwr