Re: [ga] Verisign: ".com/net not a necessity" replying to anti-trust concerns of WLS

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Kirikos" <gkirikos@yahoo.com>
To: <ga@dnso.org>; <cgomes@verisign.com>
Cc: <discuss-list@opensrs.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 4:18 PM
Subject: [ga] Verisign: ".com/net not a necessity" replying to anti-trust
concerns of WLS
[...]

You know, the inclusive namespace is still out there. We haven't gone
anywhere. When
you guys are tired of "working within the process" (which is rigged since
the ICANN
board is basically VSGN, Neustar/Neulevel and Afilias) - You can come on
board
the inclusive bus right now.

If you are an ISP - see http://www.open-rsc.org or http://www.pacroot.com to
find
out how to make ICANN irrelevant to your company and customers right now. If
your ISP wont, you can do it yourself (and then get an ISP that respects
your right
to see all of the internet, not just websites whose operators are cowering
in the corner
afraid that VSGN/ICANN/USG will pull the plug on them using one of the
myriad of
increasingly burdensome contract provisions that are FORCED on people before
they are allowed to get a .COM/NET/ORG).

The Inclusive Namespace has none of that.

No UDRP, in other words, no binding  mechansim that allows rich concerns to
steal
domains from poor people.

No rigged Board that claims it is "a consensus based, open, community
process"
(gag)

No USG "big stick" lending authority to the aforementioned corrupt and
rotten
situation.

We've been here all along. Don't you understand? If enough people leave
ICANN's root
networks, they will be irrelevant.  Right now, 7-12% of the internet looks
away from ICANN,
and this number is growing.

There are some pretty powerful figures lurking here. If everyone would only
get up and move,
we could hasten ICANN's demise (a GOOD thing) as a 900lb gorilla. Without
your help it
will take a bit longer, but it will happen.

> As for dot-com and dot-net not being a necessity, that's true in the
> sense that they're not like food, water or shelter. However, if
> Verisign truly believed their own argument then the "one year test"
> could be conducted with equal efficacy using the dot-TV or dot-CC TLDs,
> and not dot-com/net. If it's true, I'm willing to trade Verisign
> gs34jkhgds-jkhg.org for the NSI.com domain name. I believe someone
> forgot to tell GreatDomains (a Verisign company) that other TLDs are
> now pervasive:

How about domains like mydom.USA, mydom.AMERICA, mydom.EARTH,
mydom.WEB?? How about 8,000 - 9,000 TLDs to choose from??? They exist
now, and most without any nasty UDRP, USG or WIPO.

Thats what we have now in the Big World out there.

There is a solution, its right under everyone's nose. When are you all going
get the picture that ICANN ignores all of you and keeps you busy bickering
amongst each other on these lists. Name one thing, ONE SUBSTANTIAL THING
that you have accomplished in the past 2 years (apart from running
elections, polls
suspending people for getting a bit too hot under the collar).

They (ICANN) are playing you for fools. Either get up, leave and go make a
real difference or else let progress pass you by. The game is rigged. You
are
ignored. Face it. Move on to progress or give up.

> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

John Palmer