Re[4]: [ga] WLS done deal

I am not sure I totally agree with the first two sentences of your
response below, but I will accept them. I take it, then, that the
recommended or sanctioned method is for the Chair to call for a vote.

Regardless, however, it still begs the question: "If people want to
work on a proposal to submit to the Assembly for consensus, what could
possibly be wrong with letting them pursue that mission?"

Wednesday, January 23, 2002, 11:22:28 PM, William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info> wrote:
WXW> Wednesday, Wednesday, January 23, 2002, 7:22:49 PM, Don Brown wrote:

>> Even when the majority favors a work group, the Chair dictatorially
>> kills it on the basis of procedure. If people want to work on a

WXW> No, the majority of those who elected to participate in an informal
WXW> privately run poll.  Most participants ignored that poll, so it is not
WXW> fair to say that the majority supports a work group, when there has
WXW> been no formal measure of that.  When we vote on issues, we get a LOT
WXW> more participation that was given on that informal private poll
WXW> Patrick was running, and its measure should not be considered to be
WXW> reflective of the Assembly's wishes.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----