Re: [ga] Concerning Workgroups

> No, there is not.  However, the results of any private group will
> suffer a legitimacy gap -- anyone who doesn't like the result will
> simply say "it wasn't part of the standard ICANN process, and
> therefore, I didn't pay any attention to it, and therefore it is
> useless because it doesn't contain my input."  And there is some
> justification in that.

There will always be naysayers, but (and perhaps I'm an optimist or just
plain naive) but it strikes me that the output is really what matters in
cases like this. If the outreach is documented, the participants are
documented and the conclusions are documented etc., (essentially, the
documents are well-formed and consistent with the requisites) then claims
concerning legitimacy, or more specifically, lack thereof, cannot be taken
seriously.

-rwr