Re: [ga] Concerning Workgroups

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 01:10:45AM -0500, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> > Then it is not a DNSO WG but a private one hosted by you.  If people
> > want private ones we could use Yahoo Groups.
>
> There are no requirements to conduct DNSO business on mailing lists that are
> hosted on the dnso.org domain.

No, there is not.  However, the results of any private group will
suffer a legitimacy gap -- anyone who doesn't like the result will
simply say "it wasn't part of the standard ICANN process, and
therefore, I didn't pay any attention to it, and therefore it is
useless because it doesn't contain my input."  And there is some
justification in that.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be