[ga] How The Worm Turns ?

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:39:10 -0800, William X Walsh wrote:
> On Sat, January 19, 2002, 1:46:07 PM, Abel Wisman wrote:
>
> > I am sure that a workgroup on delete could do more faster and bettert then
> > the full GA, who also have other post to consider and are limited to 5
posts
> > a day, but it is your opinion we should not have workgroups open or
closed.

> I strongly disagree, and the chair has already made his decision on
> this subject anyway.

Is this really the same William X. Walsh who stridently opposed Danny Younger
whenever he made a decision which did not have the consensus of the GA
membership?

How the worm turns !!!

> Time to move on, Abel.

Says who, William?

> His suggestions about coming up with what you
> think the consensus points are is a good one, one you would have to do
> on a workgroup anyway, and no, it is not only the job of the chair to
> do that.

The Chair has been elected to represent the views of the GA membership.  His
agenda seems to be to oppose the establishment of a Working Group.

Apart from yourself, I don't see anybody else agreeing with that position.

But can I ask you exactly why you are so opposed to a WG?  Is it that you
realise that you would then not be in a position to prevent any meaningful
work output?

Best regards
Patrick Corliss