Re: [ga] WLS input

All assembly members,

  As a matter of protocol and accepted and historical practice
I disagree with WXW's assessment.  WG's for the DNSO GA
are determined by the participating GA assembly members.
It is incumbent upon the Chair to acknowledge and except
the wishes of the participating assembly members.  Failure
to do so negatively impacts the DNSO GA in a number of ways.

  I believe that DNSO GA archives, the Poll that Patrick put
forward, and the predominance of the activity on the Delete
and WLS issues (Also closely related) would clearly indicate
that a WG is called for if not necessary for the GA to conduct.

  So I hope that the Chair will move in a positive direction and
request/require of the DNSO secretariat and the NC to
set up a WG ML so that this work by the GA members
can commence in a open, transparent and concerted
was as soon as possible...

William X Walsh wrote:

> Saturday, Saturday, January 19, 2002, 1:46:07 PM, Abel Wisman wrote:
>
> > I am sure that a workgroup on delete could do more faster and bettert then
> > the full GA, who also have other post to consider and are limited to 5 posts
> > a day, but it is your opinion we should not have workgroups open or closed.
>
> I strongly disagree, and the chair has already made his decision on
> this subject anyway.
>
> Time to move on, Abel.  His suggestions about coming up with what you
> think the consensus points are is a good one, one you would have to do
> on a workgroup anyway, and no, it is not only the job of the chair to
> do that.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
> --
>
> "There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
> the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
> interprets the truth."
> -- Jean Giradoux

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827