[ga] Or is that it, then ? The issue is closed ???

Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:09:05 -0800, William X Walsh wrote:

> Saturday, Saturday, January 12, 2002, 11:26:27 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> > (1)    So you support the creation of a working group on registration
systems
> > with a present focus on deletions and expirations ?
<snip>

> Frankly, if I were GA Chair, I would say one is not necessary.
> Consensus is pretty clear on this issue.
>
> A work group should only be created when there is a need to develop a
> consensus, in this case, the consensus is already plain to see.

Thanks, William.

Ok, so with the straw poll, we have the following consensus:

        Not in favor of WLS proposal [X]

Should anyone wish to declare that they are "in favour" of the WLS proposal, I
would ask them to speak up.  Chuck Gomes is one that comes to mind.

However, surely the whole issue of expired names requires some further
analysis and debate.  The expiry dates, pool, auction, registry-registrar,
price, etc.

Or is that it, then ?   The issue is closed ???

Best regards
Patrick Corliss