Re: [ga] Addressing the Problems

Patrick and all assembly members,

  Personalities are of little of any importance to me.  Never have been.
How and what someone presents is of importance, and in that sense
alone does the person doing that presentation, become relevant.

  The Poll that you initiated is important to get an idea if a WG
for Delete is desired by a majority of participating GA members.
In this way we can than show the NC and the Secretariat that
a special WG ML forum and group can be formed.  This has been
the practice in the past, and has to one extent or another worked
fairly well except that many in the past were restricted from
participating in such working groups.  This must not continue
or be allowed for this WG if formed.

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Abel
>
> I am impressed with your analysis of these difficult issues.  Thank you.
>
> However, there has been a history of conflict on the GA list which you
> cannot understand.   Some of the key figures are Jeff Williams, Eric Dierker
> and myself.  And, of course, William X. Walsh !!!
>
> You are very close to understanding, imo, but you are not quite there yet.
> Have a look at my recent post to DPF which clarifies the issue as I see it.
>
> Unfortunately, "the personalities" are more important than "the issues".
>
> Best regards
> Patrick Corliss
>
> > The GA has the final vote on all matters concerning the GA
>
> No, the NC does.
>
> > A representative is a representative
>
> Debatable.
>
> > The GA (IF) approves the WG, then let's do the work and stop falling in
> > these traps to do things completely by the book that was written to
> > prevent anything ever getting done.
>
> No.  It is misused by some people to prevent things getting done.
>
> > Further, I have yet to see the GA or the NC make objections, so let's not
> > put hurdles in our way that may not be there
>
> Oh, the objections will be there, you have my word on that.
>
> > Finally in my opinion anyone can make suggestions to the GA, and if the GA
> > accepts such suggestions they become GA decisions
>
> True.  But bush lawyers will argue about the process by which the suggestions
> were accepted by the GA.   It is an argument of "form" over "substance".
>
> > abel
>
> Best regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827