Re: [ga] Addressing the Problems

Hi Abel

I am impressed with your analysis of these difficult issues.  Thank you.

However, there has been a history of conflict on the GA list which you
cannot understand.   Some of the key figures are Jeff Williams, Eric Dierker
and myself.  And, of course, William X. Walsh !!!

You are very close to understanding, imo, but you are not quite there yet.
Have a look at my recent post to DPF which clarifies the issue as I see it.

Unfortunately, "the personalities" are more important than "the issues".

Best regards
Patrick Corliss

> The GA has the final vote on all matters concerning the GA

No, the NC does.

> A representative is a representative

Debatable.

> The GA (IF) approves the WG, then let's do the work and stop falling in
> these traps to do things completely by the book that was written to
> prevent anything ever getting done.

No.  It is misused by some people to prevent things getting done.

> Further, I have yet to see the GA or the NC make objections, so let's not
> put hurdles in our way that may not be there

Oh, the objections will be there, you have my word on that.

> Finally in my opinion anyone can make suggestions to the GA, and if the GA
> accepts such suggestions they become GA decisions

True.  But bush lawyers will argue about the process by which the suggestions
were accepted by the GA.   It is an argument of "form" over "substance".

> abel

Best regards
Patrick Corliss