Re: Re[2]: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

assembly,

sorry to intrude again, but.....

in the analogy, even if the property manager IS allowed, this subscription is
never more then one month lease, iow 1/12 of $ 6  and not equal to 7 years

however, while you are going to answer a few question mr Gomes, perhaps the
following ones can be taken to answer to:

1. I do read the proposal right, where it says the $ 40 is for ONE year
waitlist, and has to be renewed after that year ?

2. where does the registry obtain the right to sell these domains, after they
are deleted, or perhaps we have a different dictionary ? mine states that
deletion means:

Pronunciation:	di-'lEt, dE-
Function:	transitive verb
Inflected Form(s):	de·let·ed; de·let·ing
Etymology:	Latin deletus, past participle of delEre to wipe out, destroy
Date:	circa 1605
: to eliminate especially by blotting out, cutting out, or erasing

now as far as i know, the registry is supposed to delete any name that is not
paid for (renewal) or otherwise offered for deletion.
from that I conclude that the sale of the domain is illegal, since while it
is owned prior to deletion, by a registrant, the registry has no power over
the domain and once it is deleted it no longer exists, henceforth this
question.

Should the plan be based on transfer (XFER) then the direct permission of the
owner is needed nad needs to be paid for (assumption)

Since these are basic questions on all proposals, i would like to see these
answered, since being a part of any illegal transaction is something my
council has advised against, on grounds they understand better then I do, but
it had to do with penal institutions, which does not sound as being a
comfortable hotel.

Of course even if the above were answered in a way that some rights could be
obtained from somewhere, then i still believe that (and i would like this
hypothesis answered to) the additional value  placed upon the domain could
influence the current registrant to re-evaluate his/her position in the
decision of not renewing, keeping that knowledge from the registrant shoudl
then make way for a nice lawsuit

thank you for the time to answer

regards

abel