Re: [ga] DPF support of Derek's proposition

At 11:25 14/06/01 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>Dear DPF,
>you propose us 7 or 9 "Patrick Corlisses", i.e. good will people trying to
>make enforced an agenda without corrdination nor conesensus. This will
>result in :
>
>- 11 mails a day about the discussions of this group to be public or not
>- 5 about the fact they must be archived or not
>- 3 about them being on the the GA-Full but noton the GA
>- 7 from Patrick explaining that this dicussion is to be on ga-review
>- 1 from Danny to say it should be on ga-icann, then that it is true it
>could be on ga-review
>- 5 from each "director" to remind people that they should remember their
>own agenda
>- 11 from people saracastic about the 5 reminders
>- 3 good will mail to calm down the sarcastics
>- 7 mails to explain how we could find a better system
>- 12 supporting a similar policy to the one of the 7 or 9 directors in
>their areas (i.e. 84 to 108)
>- 5 to propose new interests
>-  3 proposing a better organization for the ExecComm
>- 2 proposing every two days a new name for the ExecComm
>- 13 to abusively explain why so and so is stupid about criticising the
>Director
>- 9 explaining why one Director has better understood the agenda of
>another Director than that Director
>- 3 feeling abused by the mails from the Directors and asking them to clarify
>- 7 to explain that the Director abuse cannot be legally handdle as we are
>international
>- 3 explaining that in their place the law is different and could apply
>- 2 asking why we could not make that law entered in the bylaws
>- 7 explaining that all this mess is the fault of Louis Touton, Lynn Stuart...
>- 12 asking if at the end of the day the DNSO GA could not be interested
>in DNS matters.
>etc..; etc...

Jefsey speaks from a brief and sorry experience as a member of the idno-
exeCom (7 elected members). He is right.

Derek, try to work out how such a committee can act with accountability and
at the same time be protected from deliberate sabotage, from within or from
without.
How can the members trust each other without meeting f2f?
If you can find the solution, I'll support the idea.

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.
Former bootstrap of the IDNO (www.idno.org)
Developer of    The Polling Booth