[ga] Re: finally we have a direct connection

Dear Eric,
I am not sure you should call yourself noise. May be thunder noise
some time. The only solution for the iCANN structure to stay around,
instead of being surrounded by alternatives is to play its consensus
secretariat role.

The internet is a consensus among dotcommoners: that they will use
IE or may be Netscape on their PC to access what is proposed to them.
Consensus are very fragile. This consensus did not exist three years
ago and may not exist anymore two years from now.

The issue is simple: keep the dotcommoners happy with what they
get from their IE. Otherwise the move will be simple: they will ask
it to Bill Gates. And Bill has a very very simple reponse: "switch to
the ms-root". Will anyone object that WinNet 2002 offers a direct
access to the Host file with a small multi-bind utility. Competition
allowed to everyone... with a MS Compatitility label. Forget VeriSign
and iCANN and expensive DNs. Have your DN for life and your
WinNet system for the millenium from your smart shoes to your
PalmHat.

Stay with us Eric, we need your noise to awake some.
Jefsey