[ga] Re: GA agenda??

Danny,

Danny Younger wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> The timeslot was scheduled by the NC Chair.  As Chair of the NC, he has the
> right to set up his own timetable for the NC meeting.  I am making a
> presentation at this meeting by request of the NC Chair.  You may certainly
> ask the NC to set aside time for public comments in their session, although
> historically they have made no such provisions.  In our own session there
> will be ample time to make our collective views known.

  Very well.  However it has been made very apparent to me that making
views known is often not enough.  We need resolutions to be generated
out of those sessions and approved by the DNSO GA list for participants
that may not attend in Stolkholm via GA member vote.  These resolutions
should than be sent to the NC and the ICANN BoD as the consensus
of the DSNO GA participants and thereby implemented as ICANN
policy.  I have serious doubts that this will or can occur, however.
As such the DNSO GA is without any real power within the DNSO
or even the larger ICANN itself.  The same can be said for the
still nonexistent @large.

  Given these facts, Danny, it seems fairly obvious to me and from
our members other inquiries, the stakeholders, participating or
not, to directly indicate and reflect that the ICANN BoD along
with the DNSO NC has not met it's basic mandate or is in
compliance with it's contracts with DOC (White Paper and MoU).
Given this to be the true situation, any policies currently assumed
by the ICANN BoD are in abeyance with their contractual
obligations and are therefore null and void until such time
the ICANN BoD and the NC become in compliance with their
contractual requirements.

  I hope that now I have made myself perfectly clear to you
regarding the agenda considerations and how they are increasingly
being viewed, as has been plainly evident for some time now,
with the vast majority of stakeholders regardless or their level
of participation, as that participation has been blocked, or otherwise
not made available to them.  This would of course include the
DNSO GA through it's questionable practices on the DNSO GA
ML and the administration there of...

Jeffrey A. Williams